Compare??

2 Corinthians 10:12 (New International Version)

12We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.

Douglas came and approach me one day and asked me how is my practical ministry in Kepong Church. Well, I replied that I am doing well and helping out what I can do. Douglas told me that I should do an extra mile in the the ministry because the supervisor was comparing you with the other 3rd year student that is serving in the same church.

I was really down when i heard that I am being compared in the ministry with another person. For sometime I am feeling dishearten about the information from Douglas. It has always been like this ever since I was young, people has been comparing me with someone that were better than I am. In my studies and in my secular work. Sometimes I really feel insignificant and couldn't reach the level of expectation of others.

This is what the world is like, anywhere you go, there are people who will make comparison in the things you do. Yes! even in God's ministries. I realized that it is not worth my time to feel that way.I know that whatever I am doing, I am serving my God because of His love for me.

I know there are Christians outside who are facing the same problem as I am. Just an encouragement to you, remember that you are serving God not man. No matter how man compares you with other people just take note of it and strive to serve God with all our Heart, Soul and Strength. In the End, we are pleasing God not man! But do not take it for granted because this will lead us into not doing our best for God.

I told Douglas, If my supervisor were to compare me with the 3rd year student, I've got nothing to say because she is from a Chinese background and could read and speak mandarin better than i do. Definitely she will be able to do more thing than me and moreover, she have a pastoral background before she came to STM.

No comments: