Prayer Letter 2-2011

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

It is coming to 6 months since I started serving in Pandamaran Chinese Methodist Church, and I know God have a purpose for me to be here. I’ve learned a lot through my service here. There are some hard things to learn and some easy. Although sometimes, my philosophy of ministry and Theology was challenged but it is still a good learning experience for me. Most of all I need to be F.A.T in my ministry here! Faithful. Adaptable. Teachable. And most importantly Humility.

A lot of times as I serve here, I am always watching and learning what is needed for a shepherd to do in the church and with the help of the English Church’s pastoral members / leaders they have been guiding me all the way for 6 months now.

Basically, I am involve with the preaching of the word once every month for the English Church and once a month in the Chinese Church Saturday worship. Currently I am doing an exposition on the Letter of Ephesians. It was God’s direction for me to share and do an exposition on Ephesians to further strengthen the faith and doctrine of the church and to teach practical Christian living for the church. I am also involved with visitation to homes and hospitals, which is one of the requirement of being a shepherd.

I am also involved fully with the English Church’s youth fellowship and I’ve setup a small group with the youth for Bible Study which can help strengthen their bible knowledge and by doing so improve their knowledge about God and also have a closer relationship with Him. During youth fellowship time I am always around to help with sharing, bible study for Youth Fellowship. And the coming months I’ll be organizing a Youth Camp and No Apologies® workshop for the youth.

Some other ministries I am involve, leading Cell Group, Praise and Adoration, Teaching guitar, Prayer meetings. Now as I enter to the next half of the year, there are more activities that are coming up. I also praise God for giving me the opportunity to conduct a memorial and funeral service by myself. It was really a time for me to learn although I have seen Pastors conducting it but it was a different thing all together when I am doing it myself. PCMC is constructing a new Church Building and I have the privilege to observe and be involve in the committee in the planning and direction of the project.

With this I will end here. Please do continue to pray for me and my ministry here in PCMC.

Praise Points:

· Thank God for 6 month of service in PCMC

· Praise God for all the learning and experiences in serving

Prayer Points:

· Continue to pray for my ministries

· Pray that God will continue to help and give me wisdom to learn and minister in PCMC

In-His-Service,

Kevin Wong



No comments: