STM Day of Fast and Prayer

Every semester in STM there is a Fast and Prayer day allocated where by the whole day just dedicated to prayer and fasting there are no classes during the day. Today the whole community in STM have a day of fast and prayer from 8.00 am till 4.00 pm with the theme "Build Your Church, Lord". The day started with worship in the chapel and sharing about the postures of prayer by Ms. Ng Wai Ling from TRAC. there are 3 postures of prayer shared and illustrated by Ms. Ng: Willing, Will-Full, and Will-less.

Willing - Whole hearted come to God in prayer forsaking our contol in our won future and willingly to commit, obey, and abide in His will.

Will-Full - Pray with our own agenda and we are controlling our own future.

Will-Less - There is no point in prayer, it doesn't change anything.

At times i'm will-full in prayer, my prayers are dry and i have my own agenda and not putting it down and let God guide me. Time like this i need to reflect on my life. why am i having control of my own future and not willing to let go and let God. This kind of prayer are like telling God to do my own will instead of i follow God's will.

it takes time and effort to build a relationship with God to let go of myself to come to His feet humbly letting go all my control and follow his will. I have to present myself before God, honestly and recollect whom am I in Christ and recognising that i'm his child in order to come before him in prayer.

Prayer is an essential and an important discipline for every believer. Its a communication with God to build an intimate relationship with him. As minister of his work and servants, i need to spiritually in-tune with God and have that relationship in order to listen to his calls and direction for those i'm ministering and serving.

During the fast and prayer time, there are payer station around the campus and as we walk around and praying in the stations. I felt the presence of God with me as i pray for different needs of the countries. When we are willing to just let go and pray, we can feel God and his spirit moving among us.

God is Great and He hears us when we seek Him wholeheartedly.

No comments: